The kitchen is probably the busiest zone of your house. Andrew Zimmern has rightly pointed out, “Everything happens in the kitchen. Life happens in the kitchen.” However, many homeowners find it difficult to keep the cooking space functional and aesthetic for longer. In other words, a kitchen renovation is a service that is sought by everyone more than once in his/her lifetime. The home renovation Toronto experts at Astaneh Construction will be your entourage in exploring different flooring options for your beautiful kitchen.
Choosing the right flooring option is essential in kitchen renovation as it can transform your cooking space into a zone that represents your personal taste and the residents of the house. Besides, our home renovation Toronto experts know how to combine the painting works, cabinet designs, lightings, flooring, and other architectural elements to make your kitchen more functional and aesthetic.
- Making the Choice:
Every homeowner needs to be more careful while picking the flooring solution for the kitchen. The renovators at Astaneh Construction opine that this selection process needs special considerations. The home renovation Toronto experts further state that the kitchen is the zone that experiences heavy foot traffic, moisture, and food spillage. Read on to know the things to consider while choosing a kitchen flooring solution according to our Astaneh Construction specialists.
- Lifestyle of the Residents and the Use of Kitchen:
Do you and your family eat out a lot? Are you an enthusiastic baker who often ends up whipping a mess? Or, you may be a working parent who wants to complete the kitchen chores quickly and comfortably to squeeze time out for other errands. The flooring solution you will choose during kitchen renovation will majorly depend on the lifestyle of the residents and how they want to use the kitchen. Our home renovation Toronto experts understand that kitchen is not a space for aesthetics only but it needs to be functional also.
- Your Personal Aesthetics and the Existing Designs:
As already mentioned, the flooring type you will choose for a kitchen renovation will majorly depend on your personal style. This holds true for other home renovation Toronto tasks as well. Our Astaneh Construction renovators will help you choose the solution that will complement the overall design of your home.
- Comfort for your Feet
Astaneh Construction renovators do not think that comfort for your feet is a lesser consideration while making a decision about your kitchen flooring solution. This is especially important for the people who spend long hours in the kitchen preparing meals for the family. A softer and warmer underfoot material will keep the busy feet at ease.
- Easy Maintenance
This is probably one of the most important factors for choosing the material for your kitchen floor, according to our home renovation Toronto experts at Astaneh Construction. Nobody likes to spend long hours in cleaning up the mess. So, choose a material that is stain-resistant and moisture-proof. Besides, consider the durability of the material if you want to avoid recurring kitchen renovation expenditure for re-grouting and re-straining the floor. Further, pick a material that resists dirt and grime accumulation.
- Your Budget:
Get in touch with home renovation Toronto experts and explain your kitchen renovation requirements to them. They will help you chalk out a plan and set a realistic budget. This will help you to choose what is absolutely necessary for your remodelling task and eliminate the unnecessary ones.
- Astaneh Construction Experts Explains the Features of Various Flooring Materials
- Engineered Hardwood
Since its days of introduction, engineered hardwood has come a long way. Our Astaneh Construction renovators find it perfectly suitable for various floor remodelling works. Let us have a look at its advantages and disadvantages.
- It can handle high foot traffic and is quite durable.
- Engineered wood is moderately moisture-resistant and can endure spillage on a day-to-day basis.
- It is similar to hardwood in appearance and aesthetically pleasing
- It is budget-friendly and easy to install
- It is less durable than real hardwood.
- It cannot resist scratches, denting, or damage caused by heavy objects and impacts.
- Hardwood Flooring
If you are planning to give your kitchen a quintessential classic look, choose hardwood flooring. Our kitchen renovation experts consider hardwood as the perfect fusion of aesthetics and durability. You can even use hardwood flooring for other areas of your house. Read on to know its benefits and drawbacks.
- It is very durable.
- It has matchless aesthetic appeal.
- Hardwood complements almost all types of interior.
- It is available in many kinds of woods and grains options.
- It is quite costly.
- It does not get installed easily.
- Hardwood demands regular care and maintenance.
- It is prone to warping in case of high moisture attack.
- Laminate Flooring for your Kitchen
Laminate flooring is another flooring option preferred by our home renovation Toronto experts. Today, laminate is loved by all for its visual appeal and durability. Let’s discuss the pros and cons of laminate flooring.
- It is durable.
- It is attractive in visual appeal.
- Laminate floors get installed easily.
- It is available in diverse patterns and styles.
- Its diverse patterns can easily mimic other flooring options such as hardwood, marble, concrete, bamboo, and others.
- It is more prone to moisture damage from spills.
- The cheaper options are not that attractive.
- Tile Flooring:
Another versatile option for a kitchen renovation is tile flooring. It is also adored for being an elegant and durable solution. Besides, it offers an ease of maintenance. Want to know its advantages and disadvantages? Read on.
- It is durable and tough. It can last up to twenty years with proper care and maintenance.
- Tiles are less expensive than natural hardwood.
- It is resistant to chemical and moisture.
- It is easy to clean and maintain.
- Tiles are available in various styles and patterns.
- Grouts are prone to staining.
- It is expensive.
Apart from the above-mentioned options, our home renovation Toronto experts further recommend vinyl flooring for your kitchen. So, assess the advantages and disadvantages of all the options available and get in touch with Astaneh Construction today for transforming your kitchen.